Let’s be honest… we’ve had a tough year. Let’s cheer ourselves up this holiday. The first place we would start is the mantel. The living room is very much the heart of the home—especially during the holiday season. And when it comes to Christmas decorations, there is no doubt that decking out this space should be at the very top of your to-do list.
Make your living room even more festive this year by approaching your mantel decorations in a fresh, thoughtful way. Our Christmas mantel decor ideas are full of the inspiration you need to make your fireplace extra special this year.
- Layer vintage images in antique frames to bring warm and nostalgic feelings. Use the cable knit Christmas stalkings to complete the mood.
- An easy way to fill that empty space on your mantel is to take advantage of your existing decor. Use the books with the bindings facing inward match the natural hues of the brick. If you don’t use your fireplace, you can also wrap empty boxes with holiday wrapping paper and fill in the space to create a not-so-bare look.
- Add a variety of evergreens, and vines to make a lush mantel draped in princess pine, eucalyptus, and lotus pods.
- A crisp white and gray palette provides the perfect backdrop for a holiday mantel. Garland covered in ball-shaped ornaments and a pair of gold reindeer sculptures make for a striking mantel.
- Instead of hanging a traditional wreath over your mantel, layer your favorite pieces of artwork in a variety of frames. It’s a simple way to show off your aesthetic while enhancing your holiday decor.
- A variety of simple apothecary jars filled with your favorite holiday treats can add some fun to your mantel decor. Candy canes, anyone?
Credits: Elle Decor www.elledecor.com